Helping seniors become professional engineers
through experience

This course helps electrical engineering seniors make the transition into industry through self-chosen team projects. To do so, the course emulates the day-to-day life of a real engineering design environment creating what numerous students have called their favorite class. Students put together what they have learned, develop teamwork and leadership skills, and gain in-depth practical knowledge in a topic that excites them. Moreover, Senior Design Projects make a good addition to a resume. Many employers consider a good Senior Design Project to be just as valuable as internship experience. Engineering Final Exam

Students: Joe Kunst and Adam Reinke Featured Project: Joe Kunst and Adam Reinke earned the Engineering Excellence Award in the summer of 2005 for their work in Power Line Communications. "ECE 445 invited me to use information from all of the ECE classes that I have taken so far. It helped me develop time management skills, as well as taught me the importance of keeping a well-detailed record of my research. Labs like this are necessary in learning the skills needed for a career." --Joe Kunst

Ingenuity Article: Both teams had high praise for the ECE 345 experience. "I felt that the class was a type of final exam for my education," said Willenborg. "It proves that I can do engineering. It's a hands-on test to see what you've learned here." Sengupta had a similar view: "The greatest thing about 345 is that it's all you. At the same time, the worst thing about 345 is that it's all you. This class relies on your ability to have self-discipline, motivation, and endurance."

Projects
Search or Browse all projects on-line.
Partners
Project cycles begin in January, June, and August.

ECE 445 Training Presentation

We belong in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

There are different ways of Receiving credit for ECE445 (Old ECE 345)

If you are not enrolled in ECE 445 but must fulfill the Special Circuit requirement for another course, Click Here.

Electronic mail:
     Instructor - Professor Scott Carney: carney@uiuc.edu
     Course Director - Professor Gary Swenson: swenson1@uiuc.edu
Lab Telephone: (217) 333-5257
Lab FAX: (217) 333-4303
Lab Location: 246 Everitt Lab